Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Staycation.

Last week I took off work. It was going to be amazing, and I had planned out in my head what my man, my boys and I were going to do.

But seriously...NOTHING ever happens as plans. 

My husband, whom I love more then a fat kid loves cake, offered to help my father, not knowing if he was getting paid or not (yep that's my man!) on his week's vacation. (My dad did pay him, because my dad is awesome like that). So it was just me and the littles.....WHAT?!?! 

Don't get me wrong, I love my kids, they are amazing, and cute and everything every mom could dream of.....but let's just say, I was very happy to be back at work yesterday. They exhaust me. 

We decided we would kick off our holiday cheer early this year and decorate for Christmas. Then we busted out our one tub of holiday cheer. My kids and my husband were a little more then disappointed. We set out to go find more decor on my husband's day off, only to find that my husband taste in Christmas decor is disgusting. 

We stood in one store for 30 mins arguing over Christmas garlands.

We didn't buy anything except a snowman soap dish. 

My oldest did a Thanksgiving Day skit with his entire class of 6. I loved every second of it. Here are a few pics from the event. 



 
He was so excited about the skit, as was his best friend. (He is in the orange shirt.) They were shooting Indians, they didn't quite grasp the idea of the skit. But they are in kindergarten.

I am however grateful that plans don't always pan out how you want them to. That is where some of life's greatest adventures begin. 

Ciao, 

Nicole







No comments:

Post a Comment