Friday, May 4, 2012

The Perfect Mascara!!

So yesterday was a rough day for me. LITERALLY. I went to breakfast with my grandparents, which was nice, my husband had the day off so he was able to go with us, which was extra awesome!

Then after breakfast the trouble began. My aunt took my boys so we could hurry and get this name change done without any extra distractions. The name change is for my oldest, Rylan. He still has my maiden name and we wanted to switch it to our last name before he starts kindergarten this year. We get to the courthouse and have the paperwork and cash in hand. When we get to the counter the lady is so incredibly rude and short with me and acted like I had no clue what was going on. I was so frustrated, all I wanted to know was if I had filled out the paperwork correctly.

She said "this isn't notarized, you HAVE to get this notarized if the child's father will not be present during the hearing." Okay no problem right? WRONG. I asked her if they had a notary in the building or close by. She said no, feel free to check with your bank. So we drive all over downtown Vancouver trying to find a bank that we know is there on a corner somewhere. We finally find it and they notary person is out to lunch. So I get on my phone and find a UPS store way out the way that has a notary. So we drive over there, get it done and are relieved and excited to finish this.

As my husband is pulling out of the parking lot he guns it and I spill water all over my crotch. I wasn't mad at him, but I said I am not getting out of the car, I look like I peed my pants. We get to the courthouse and my grandma puts some change in the meter and her and my husband go into the courthouse to hand in the paperwork and pay for the name change. I turn the car on in the meantime and nonchalantly as possible air out my pants. Two seconds later my phone rings and its my husband saying that I have to come in and sign paperwork in front of the lady in order to pay. At this point I am just annoyed and want to go home. So I pull my shirt down as far as I can without looking stupid and go inside sign the paperwork pay the lady and come out to getting written a parking ticket. My grandma had put change in the wrong meter. The parking ticket lady apologized profusely saying if we were just 2 seconds earlier she wouldn't have printed one, but once she prints it she cant do anything about it.

We finally get home and have the boys and I am exhausted. So to make myself feel better I went shopping and bought some new makeup. Like my blog says, I found the perfect mascara, and it made all the events of the day magically better.


You can get this mascara at Ulta. Best $22.00 I have ever spent! I know, long story to get the the real reason behind this post. I apologize, but it was most definitely worth it! 

Happy Friday and enjoy your weekend!!

Ciao, 

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment